The Club Ethos
What would you like to get out of the season?
- If you put little effort in then you’ll get little out of it, but if you put a lot of effort in then your season will be great.
- A big emphasis this year is to get better at a lot of skills to improve the overall basic skills of the club, so we can build depth.
- I know this can seem a little monotonous, but the aim is to lift the skill level throughout the entire club which will put the club in good standing for this season and beyond.
- Training 2 nights per week (Tue/Thur) should be a priority unless reasons are communicated to coaching staff. I know that people have other commitments at times (family, study, work etc), but if you can communicate that, it makes the coaches and managers jobs a lot easier to prepare their teams, especially during holidays.
- When you come to training, before training starts you need to work on your position specific skills; kicking, throwing, passing etc.
- Liaise with your coaching staff and managers with regards to injuries.
- We need to all put our hands up to help run the club, work behind the bar, run BBQs, take equipment in and out, dress the grounds, set up and take down of the fields.
- We expect on game day for players to hang around and have one or two drinks at away games and especially at home games. This should be led from 1st grade and all grades down to 3rds.
- Club unity ie. Cheering on other grades and backing up is mandatory.
Over the last few years the club has had great success and strong communication has played a pivotal role. Get to know your coaches and team managers. Hit them up on messenger when you need to. No excuses.
There are a lot of opportunities for players to move up grades and challenge for the 1st XV jumpers.
Rugby’s a great game. Please enjoy the season. Good luck!